Thursday 1 November 2007

Aboriginal Art

Ever since purchasing a rain maker covered in the trademark aboriginal style of painting using dots I've been intregued. the symbols used in Aboriginal artworks all have meanings for example:

I found a few images that I liked mostly depicting what I think are people which leads me to believe its not true aboriginal if a person is supposed to be symbolised as a half moon shape why in these images are they portrayed as thin, elongated bodies?
These remind me of dream like images, whimsical and unreal. A bit like my own doodlings.




The artwork of the Aboriginals reminds me of the "scribblings" of Mighty Boosh character Vince Noir (real name, Noel Fielding) he uses a similar style to create his pictures which can be seen hanging on the walls of the flat he shares with Howard Moon (Julian Barrett), Naboo (Micheal Fielding) and Bollo (Dave Brown) in Series 2 of the hit show.

No comments: